Information security is more than just IT security and no matter which measures you take today to secure your data, they could be rendered useless with time without a proper effective management.
The international security standard ISO/IEC 27001 describes the details of implementing such a information security management system (ISMS). This standard doesn’t aim for maximum protection of your organisation but for an appropriate level of protection that is effective and stays affordable.
Fundamental topics of ISMS are:
- Selection of processes to protect
- Risk analysis
- Risk management
- Risk treatment
Advantages of a well-implemented information security management system are:
- Planning of cost-efficient new security measures
- Constant control of effectiveness of security measures
- Constant reduction of operative risks
- Higher employee satisfaction
- Enhanced trust of you clients and partners
- Competitive advantages
Lots of people overestimate the requirements of implementing and operation an information security management system (ISMS) and therefore hesitate to do what is necessary.
secopan supports you!
- Our consultants are available for an informative talk – find out how to operate ISO 9001, ITIL and ISO/IEC 27001 by using an management system and how to get the most out of it for your organisation.
- Certification – As one of the partner in a strong alliance our auditors support you in implementing your information security management system corresponding to ISO/IEC 27001 at a fixed price.